welcome to the terrordome hope you like subarus and skiing

Monday, September 19, 2011

first snows

Snowed in high elevations this week. Mary Jane and Winter Park got snow this past week, granted it wasn't much but at least it something. Steamboat also got a little bit. Bases are starting up, although it'll probably melt before any more shows up. I was up in Pingree off  FR 159 on Saturday just screwing around and it was lightly raining. I could almost see it turn to snow but it wasn't quite cold enough yet. To get up 159 you need a 4x4, unfortunately I don't think a stock Subaru could do it you would need a 2-3 inch lift and some serious engine upgrades. We were in an 02 Durango and it had no trouble. If you're ever up in Pingree check it out its a nice little drive with a sweet camp site at the top overlooking the valley.

12 comments:

  1. I can't wait to ski this year. We should hit up the slopes sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice profile picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryjane, be there every weekend or be square every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good spot to camp. ill have to get up there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a lift on my Subaru. Let em know when you got it down and we can do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.cars101.com/subaru/concepts.html
    Scroll Down A Little.
    I want the The Forester Mountain Rescue Concept. I would slay the roads with that car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously check out the sti trax. http://www.google.com/search?q=subaru+trax&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=900&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=W6euTuHQC6SosQLInJiCDw&sqi=2&ved=0CDsQsAQ&safe=active you can also buy a sled to tow behind and carry like four more people. I wouldn't need to drive on roads

    ReplyDelete